We are currently remodeling and building an addition! Please excuse the noise and mess while we improve your experience at Vision Source Mandan.

alarm-ringing ambulance angle2 archive arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up at-sign baby baby2 bag binoculars book-open book2 bookmark2 bubble calendar-check calendar-empty camera2 cart chart-growth check chevron-down chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up circle-minus circle city clapboard-play clipboard-empty clipboard-text clock clock2 cloud-download cloud-windy cloud clubs cog cross crown cube youtube diamond4 diamonds drop-crossed drop2 earth ellipsis envelope-open envelope exclamation eye-dropper eye facebook file-empty fire flag2 flare foursquare gift glasses google graph hammer-wrench heart-pulse heart home instagram joystick lamp layers lifebuoy link linkedin list lock magic-wand map-marker map medal-empty menu microscope minus moon mustache-glasses paper-plane paperclip papers pen pencil pie-chart pinterest plus-circle plus power printer pushpin question rain reading receipt recycle reminder sad shield-check smartphone smile soccer spades speed-medium spotlights star-empty star-half star store sun-glasses sun tag telephone thumbs-down thumbs-up tree tumblr twitter tiktok wechat user users wheelchair write yelp youtube

Your optometrist can handle medical issues!

“I’ve been developing a bump under my eyebrow and it seems to be growing. Should I see my family doctor or my eye doctor? Can an optometrist take care of medical issues around the eye?”

This is a great question that came through. And YES! Your optometrist is fully trained to take care of medical issues with the eye.

When in doubt, get it checked out!

Whenever someone asks “Should I see my doctor?” the answer is always “yes”. If you are concerned enough to wonder if you should go in, then you should go in. As the saying goes, it is better to be safe than sorry.

When you have an EYE problem, see your EYE doctor!

You wouldn’t go see a chiropractor if you had chest pains, would you? Of course not! You would either get yourself to the ER or you would see a cardiologist. You would see the specialist that was appropriate for your problem.

So it makes perfect sense to see your optometrist whenever you are having any type of issue with your eyes. Your eye doctor is trained and equipped to handle just about any medical problem around, on, or inside the eye such as a piece of metal in the eye, glaucoma, an eye infection, a retinal detachment, a stye, cataracts, and more! For our listener’s question, we can take care of lumps and bumps too.

We can get you in right away.

For urgent issues around, on, or inside the eye, we can see you the same day you call. So give our office a call at 701-663-0313.


Top image by Umberto Cancedda on Pexels (location) used under Creative Commons Zero (CCO) License. Image has been cropped and modified from original. Image rights state commercial use and modifications allowed when image was obtained on 03/22/2018.

The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.